Part-Time Recovery Support Specialist - Living Room
The Living Room at Call for Help is a mental health crisis alternative/hospital diversion program. The Living Room is designed to provide immediate support for adults 18+ on a walk-in basis. The Recovery Support Specialist is a unique position where one can use their lived experience with mental health challenges and recovery (at times through appropriate self-disclosure) in order to help clients in their current mental health challenges.
Qualifications and Skills
- Current Certified Recovery Support Specialist (CRSS) credential or the ability to obtain within two (2) years
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Knowledge of mental health and/or healthcare system a plus
- Ability to work independently in an organized, efficient, and productive manner
- Proficient computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Capacity to multitask and complete projects collaboratively with team members
- Must be able to ensure confidentiality of clients
- Provide emotional support, recovery, and wellness education to individuals experiencing a mental health crisis
- Make appropriate referrals for clients seeking services
- Use person-centered, strength-based, culturally and trauma-informed approaches to empower individuals to define and pursue their own recovery and wellness goals
- Promote recovery, resiliency, and hope by effectively sharing wellness and recovery experience with individuals, families, and professionals
- Connect clients with resources and provide education on self-advocacy and shared/supported decision making
- Display recovery-focused attributes in interactions with others both internally within our organization and externally with clients, providers, and community members
- Apply conversational and professional de-escalation techniques comfortably, seeking support when needed to determine warm transfers and interventions
- Log and document client contacts; follow workflows provided
- Demonstrate competency in the domains of the Certified Recovery Support Specialist (CRSS) credential and comply with its code of ethics
This position requires the applicant is in recovery from mental health and/or substance abuse challenges.
Call for Help, Inc. helps people overcome a variety of personal crises, ranging from sexual assault and poverty to homelessness and mental illness. We change lives by giving people skills and support that empower them to overcome an emotional and physical crisis. To learn more about this position and other positions that we have available, please visit our website at www.callforhelpinc.org.