We are currently seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to join our team. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented, flexible and willing to take on non-routine cleaning and special projects as the need arises. The Janitor will be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, kitchen and public areas in all the buildings on our main campus in East St. Louis as well as our satellite offices in Troy, Alton and East St. Louis. The custodian will work Monday through Friday for a total of 20 hours a week.
· Perform general clean-up of all areas of the buildings as directed
· Complete non-routine cleaning according to specified job orders
· Handle emergency cleaning and upkeep requests
· Ensure rooms are maintained and fully equipped
· Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming
· Gather and empty trash
· Service, clean, and supply restrooms
· Dust furniture, walls, and equipment
· Steam-clean or shampoo carpets as needed
· Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors as needed
· Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies
· Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
· Clean criminal history and background
· Valid Driver's License and car insurance
· 1 year of janitorial experience
· High school diploma/GED
· Ability to work well under minimal supervision
· Capacity to take direction
· Strong attention to detail
· Physically capable of lifting and moving objects up to 30 pounds as necessary
· Requires the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population
Call for Help, Inc. helps people overcome a variety of personal crises, ranging from sexual assault and poverty, to homelessness and mental illness. We change lives by giving people skills and support that empower them to overcome emotional and physical crisis.