Outpatient Counselor - Community Counseling
We are seeking a positive, enthusiastic, multitasker to join our team. The ideal candidate is ambitious and has a passion for helping others. We have an immediate opening for a self-motivated individual to be the next rock star in our newly developed Community Counseling Department at Call for Help. Under the supervision of the Director of Clinical Services, the Outpatient Counselor will provide counseling services to both community members throughout the Metro East and consumers within our residential programs, specifically our Community Stabilization Program. Services provided within this position will include a combination of teletherapy and in-person sessions. This position would be best suited for a clinician who is interested in working with serious and chronic mental health concerns as well as dual diagnoses. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, experience with crisis intervention, experience with substance use treatment, Illinois Medicaid Rule 132 knowledge, familiarity with assessment and treatment planning (IM+CANS), strong clinical skills and experience providing telehealth services.
· Provide direct clinical services to clients in the form of individual and couples counseling. Opportunity for family and group work.
· Complete Illinois Medicaid Comprehensive Assessment of Needs and Strengths (IM+CANS) assessment and treatment planning for Medicaid clients
· Develop innovative methods of delivery of services based on needs of clients
· Complete clinical documentation in a timely and accurate manner
· Provide outreach services and develop community partnerships
· Meet productivity requirements
· Other duties as assigned
· Collaborate with residential staff and community providers to coordinate treatment
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
· Excellent oral and written skills
· Clinical license (LCPC or LCSW in Illinois) preferred; however, candidates pursuing licensure will be considered and clinical supervision can be provided
· Experience working with an Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
· Effective time management and organization skills
· Requires the ability to adapt to stressful situations
- Respond professionally in crisis situations
· Knowledge of billing practices and procedures for private insurance and Medicaid preferred
· Maintain confidentiality of all clients and adhere to all ethical standards of the counseling profession
· Requires a master’s degree in counseling psychology, clinical psychology, social work or closely related field
· Requires a dependable means of transportation to meet work requirements
· Requires the ability to work necessary hours to meet the position requirements, including evenings as needed
· All staff driving their personal vehicles on agency business are reimbursed their driving expense, must have adequate liability insurance in effect as well as a valid Driver’s License
Call for Help, Inc. helps people overcome a variety of personal crises, ranging from sexual assault and poverty, to homelessness and mental illness. We change lives by giving people skills and support that empower them to overcome emotional and physical crisis.