The Mission of the Sexual Assault Victims Care Unit is to end sexual violence and alleviate the suffering of sexual assault victims by providing support through counseling, advocacy, and community prevention services.
For the role as a Community Preventionist, we are seeking a positive and enthusiastic multitasker to join our Sexual Assault Victims Care Unit. Our Sexual Assault Victims Care Unit provides services to 5 surrounding counties: Madison, St. Clair, Monroe, Jersey, and Randolph. The ideal candidate must be confident in public speaking, networking, and community engagement. The Community Preventionist will educate communities and organizations about ways to end oppression and change cultural norms while advising of cultural differences and promoting equality. This candidate will serve under the supervision of the Coordinator of Community and Volunteer Services.
· Coordinating and scheduling prevention sessions for schools and organizations
· Completing all required documentation for record of sessions provided
· Travel throughout the Metro-East to provide prevention sessions
· Meeting monthly goals for direct service
· Abiding by all policies and procedures of Call for Help and the Sexual Assault Victims Care Unit
· Reporting and documenting any suspected/reported child abuse/neglect
· Committing to serve on-call crisis advocacy 24 hour hotline on a rotational basis
· Must have reliable transportation
· Must be able to work with diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Ability to deliver a variety of teaching techniques
· Ability to network and engage with communities and organizations
· Possess a valid Driver’s License and auto insurance
· Clean criminal history and background
· Must be willing to travel to out of state trainings if necessary
· As a new hire, Community Preventionist will complete 40 hours of sexual assault training approved by the Illinois Coalition Against Sexual Assault
To learn more about this position and other positions that we have available, please visit our website at www.callforhelpinc.org.