SMART Recovery (Self-Management And Recovery Training) helps people recover from all types of addictive behaviors.
Our efforts are based on scientific knowledge and evolve as scientific knowledge evolves.
Our purpose is to support individuals who have chosen to abstain, or are considering abstinence from any type of addictive behaviors (substances or activities), by teaching how to change self-defeating thinking, emotions, and actions; and to work towards long-term satisfaction and quality of life.
* Teaches self-empowerment and self-reliance.
* Encourages individuals to recover and live satisfying lives.
* Teaches tools and techniques for self-directed change.
* Meetings are educational and include open discussions.
* Advocates the appropriate use of prescribed medications and
* Evolves as scientific knowledge of addiction recovery evolves.