We are seeking a positive, enthusiastic, multitasker to join our team. The ideal candidate is ambitious, professional, reliable and has a passion for helping others. The successful candidate will develop, promote, and maintain a variety of volunteer opportunities within the agency as well as ensure that volunteers are staffed to support the various areas of operations. The Volunteer Specialist will represent the agency positively and professionally while in the community and have the ability to work well with all levels of internal management, staff, clients, funders, and vendors. The Sexual Assault Victims Care Unit is an Illinois Coalition Against Sexual Assault (ICASA) member Rape Crisis Center serving Madison, St. Clair, Monroe and Randolph Counties.
● Coordinate and manage all aspects of the 24/7 hotline.
● Recruit and train volunteers in a five-county radius
● Conduct monthly meetings and community awareness events
● Oversee PRN Crisis Advocates
● Professionally and positively represent CFH in the community
● Ability to work a flexible schedule
● Coordinate, organize, and conduct 40-Hour Trauma Center Training
● Ensure standards of ICASA and Call for Help are met
● Manage and track all volunteer files and service hours
● Manage and maintain all applicable service tracking measures and ensure guidelines for all funders are met.
● Excellent communication skills
● Exemplary organizational skills
● Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
● Regular attendance and punctuality
● Exceptional work ethic
● Proficient computer skills
● Maintains confidentiality
● Previous volunteer coordinating experience
● ICASA 40 Hour Trauma Trained
Call for Help, Inc. helps people overcome a variety of personal crises, ranging from sexual assault and poverty, to homelessness and mental illness. We change lives by giving people skills and support that empower them to overcome emotional and physical crisis.
To learn more about this position and other positions that we have available, please visit our website at www.callforhelpinc.org.