Part-Time TLC Residential Services Assitant
TRANSITIONAL LIVING CENTER RESIDENTIAL SERVICES ASSISTANT
We are seeking a positive, enthusiastic, multitasker to join our team. The ideal candidate is ambitious and has a passion for helping others. We have an immediate opening for a self-motivated individual to be our next rock star Residential Assistant. Under the supervision of the Unit Coordinator, the Residential Assistant assumes numerous responsibilities for the Transitional Living Center. These responsibilities include but are not limited to: Assisting residents with their everyday needs including performing house duties, providing administrative support, and addressing situations which arise while on duty.
• Responsible for coordinating and following through on all Unit Coordinator’s requests
• Work with our residents in following their Treatment Action Plan
• Complete all required program documentation
• Responsible for overseeing documentation books assuring appropriate documentation and upkeep
• Oversee fire drills and various safety protocols
• Give an oral report of assessments, behavior, relevant information and any observations regarding
residents to the next shift workers
• Answer and monitor phone lines (referrals, resident calls, and support calls).
• Assist residents with homework as needed
• Transport residents to and from activities
• Monitor medication usage
• Assist and monitor residents with meal preparations
• Facilitate weekly house meetings
• Clean the office as needed as well as the rooms of discharged residents
• Maintain and abide by the policies and procedures of the Transitional Living Center and the agency.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License and insurance
• Clean criminal history and background
• Provide individual supportive counseling
• Have the ability to intervene appropriately in a crisis situation
• Must maintain total confidentiality at all times
• Requires the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population