We are seeking a positive, enthusiastic, multitasker to join our team. The ideal candidate is organized and has a passion for helping others. We have an immediate opening for a self-motivated individual to be the next rock star on our Sexual Assault Victim Care Unit. Under the supervision of the Director of the Sexual Assault and the Coordinator of Crisis Services, the Intake Specialist will travel between our five offices to provide support to our current and future clients. The primary purpose of this position is to act as a first line of contact and provide confidential advocacy and support to clients who are survivors of sexual assault. This position is responsible for initial client intakes, scheduling client/advocate/resource advisor appointments, and day-to-day office operations relating to survivor advocacy and care. The Intake Specialist will also assist our staff in raising awareness about sexual violence in the community and to connect survivors to agency services. The Sexual Assault Victims Care Unit is an Illinois Coalition Against Sexual Assault (ICASA) member Rape Crisis Center serving Madison, St. Clair, Monroe and Randolph Counties.
• Transport clients as necessary
• Create and maintain client records and files
• Schedule client appointments with staff
• Provide intake and assessment
• Obtains pertinent information from new clients
• Answer and screen phone calls and emails from prospective clients
• Ensure that all intake forms are properly signed and filed.
• Respects client dignity and confidentiality.
• Excellent communication skills
• Exemplary organizational skills
• Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
• Regular attendance and punctuality
• Exceptional work ethic
• Proficient computer skills
• Maintains confidentiality
Call for Help, Inc. helps people overcome a variety of personal crises, ranging from sexual assault and poverty, to homelessness and mental illness. We change lives by giving people skills and support that empower them to overcome an emotional and physical crisis.
To learn more about this position and other positions that we have available, please visit our website at www.callforhelpinc.org.
***NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE***