What to do After an Assault
Remember, you did not ask to be assaulted. You are not at fault.
1. Call us at 618-397-0975. We are available for immediate information, resources, crisis intervention and support, 24 hours a day.
2. Call the police, or go directly to the hospital.
3. Preserve evidence – do not shower, change clothing, clean or touch things left behind.
4. Try to recall details of the event and the attacker-their appearance, height, clothes, words etc.
5. Let Call for Help assist you with counseling, medical and legal advocacy, and support.